Monday, July 28, 2008

letter results and updates

My last post was about the letter I sent to Jim. Well, I received a letter from his attorney asserting that Jim (and his employees) have the right to enter the common areas of the house because I only rent a room. The letter was poorly written which leads me to believe that the lawyer is not that great.

I've been gone for a week so any potential retaliation hasn't been noticed. I got back on Sunday and they weren't around, as usual. On Monday, they were in the house all day with a sanding machine to sand the floors. For the periods I was home it was a lot of noise between the sander, nail guns and a shop-vac. I left to go for a swim across town. I got back just past 5pm. They were sanding in the hallway right in front of my door and carrying on with the noise. It makes it really hard to do anything in my room. I was going to make dinner but that's pretty much out of the question now. There's sawdust up and down the hall and its made a nice little pile at my room entry where it blew in under the door.
The worst part is that I have no idea how long they'll be here. If the past is any indication, it could be as late as 9pm.

No comments: