Tuesday, July 29, 2008

the work continues

So another day I'm pretty much forced out of the house. At around 11:30 this morning they continued working on the floors with the associated noise. I had to head out to cafes and libraries to get any work done. Luckily, I was able to get some thesis work done. Before I left, Jim delivered a letter saying that we can't be here the next three days between the hours of 10am and 2pm so that they can refinish the floors and allow them time to dry. So I guess we get notice when it impacts their work. It was close to 24 hours notice but not quite. I'll cut him some slack on that but I wonder how much notice we are supposed to receive for this kind of thing.

I'm going away for a few days which is probably a good thing, however looks like I'll have to leave before noon as was my original plan. It would have been nice to know this sooner.

No comments: